Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

The Art of Being Tony

Discuss the books, the characters.. ect...
David
Voracious Reader

Re: The Art of Being Tony

Unread postby David » Wed May 04, 2016 6:26 am

Wow, nope.

Agree to disagree on this one.

qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Wed May 04, 2016 7:15 am

You realize my post to Dale was marked as TIC (=tongue-in-cheek), yes? I'm just twisting his tail about his insistence that the book doesn't contain any multiverse characters. Having to explain it kind of takes the fun out of it...

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Wed May 04, 2016 10:42 am

Update on The Art of Being Tony:

I've gotten lots of editing help (thanks everyone!) and gone over the whole book several times to refine it even more. Then I read the whole thing out loud, working it down to a smoothness that I've never managed before in anything that I've worked on.

The book is now formated and just waiting for the cover to be made. I have no clue how long that will take.

I do think that this is the best written (as far as writing craft goes) work that I've managed so far.

Now I just have to cross my fingers and hope that the world will be willing to look at it!

:)

Honestly, I have no idea. It might have mainstream YA appeal, but there's no romance, the violence is mainly in sports, and I took out all the good swear words. Plus, almsot everything kind of goes right for the main character. In this age of "grimdark" that might not play to well.

Then again, I think that it might be time for a change. Not just for me, but for society, as far as that goes. You know, going back to the day when you didn't have a lot of trouble figuring out who the bad guy was? (I know, were pretty good at that now, but the difference can be startlingly narrow now.)

qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Wed May 04, 2016 11:15 am

For what it's worth, it's pretty much the type of story I like to read (having a competent main character that isn't being stomped on every other paragraph), and which is actually annoyingly hard to find now a days. I greatly enjoyed reading it and am looking forward to read future books in the series.

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Wed May 04, 2016 1:53 pm

Hmm, I think the everything goes right can mostly be forgiven for two reasons. However I won't say why until it's been published for a few days.

Also, Q, I knew you were just teasing Dale, I was playing devil's advocate.

brainsniffer
Avid Reader

Unread postby brainsniffer » Thu May 05, 2016 6:20 am

Teasing be darned - I won't believe it isn't true - in an alternate reality everything is possible so it is true. I can't wait for all the multiverse crossover characters in the book he's cleverly hid as other characters that never reveal themselves at all.

I enjoy stories where things go mostly right - I mean, I've never really felt that your stories go too bad (okay, a lot of what happened to Zack and Don is a bit far, but...). I actually think you've been pretty good at adding enough conflict, and balanced, for our heros. Something that's just a bit more positive sounds good to me.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Stand Alone Books”