Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

I'm considering doing a few more stand alone books this year

Discuss the books, the characters.. ect...
rockhazard
Avid Reader

Re: I'm considering doing a few more stand alone books this year

Unread postby rockhazard » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:14 pm

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." --Jack Handey
RyanM
Voracious Reader

Unread postby RyanM » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:18 am

I think the success of antiheroes is due to them being more identifiable to the common person than a traditional hero. Traditional heroes have lines they won't cross. They always stand by their morals and ethics. They do what's "right" even if it's illogical.

A prime example is Batman. He refuses to kill. How many lives could he have saved had he just killed the Joker. Not just civilian lives, but Batgirl wouldn't be a paraplegic and quite a few heroes would still be alive. Many people don't like Batman because of that. His strict adherence to not killing actually causes more death and destruction. Some people just gotta die.

Which is why a lot of people like antiheroes like The Punisher. He's a bit more extreme than most are comfortable with, but he's willing to get his hands and soul dirty to get the job done. People can rally behind that because we've all seen news stories where people who are guilty as sin walk away with little or no punishment.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:04 pm

Do we live in a computer simulation? If so, what happens when that simulation becomes self-aware?

If the program becomes corrupted, then the practical solution would be to end it all. Except that no one inside really wants that to happen. That means we all need to pretend to be what the programmer wanted all along...

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:35 pm

Profound. Consider who or what the programmer may be. Many implications. The programmer may decide to delete, erase, or edit, or merely correct. However, in the hypothetical, so could the selfaware program. Or considerably worse.

Welcome to the matrix.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:42 pm

I'm still working out what to do next.

Not a clue at the moment! :) Lots of ideas, but nothing calling to me on a deep level yet.

If anyone wants to see something that hasn't been coming out, let me know? Taking suggestions.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:58 pm

I don't know if you feel up to a straight up who done it, non-magical, main stream mystery, but the Grease Paint Chtronicals might be calling, maybe huh maybe ?

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:29 pm

You know what might be fun? A good old pirates tale including treasure and curses and sea-hags. Witches and whatever. Penny from the Infected always considered herself a pirate - arrg - . Let's see what you can do with all that.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:19 pm

I might have an idea for Greasepaint...

Phasmophobia. The fear of ghosts. :)

Mojo
Avid Reader

Unread postby Mojo » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:50 am

Just remember, is it paranoia if people really are out to get you?

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:36 pm

You can still be paranoid, even if SOME people are out to get you. The trick there is that paranoia tends to lead people to distrust everyone, all the time.

Which can make it worse if you are actually being targeted by a few of them, since it becomes more difficult to tell who is coming after you, if you think it's everyone you meet.

:)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Stand Alone Books”