Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Cheat questions -- SPOILERS

Discuss the books, the characters.. ect...
PS Power
Site Admin

Re: Cheat questions -- SPOILERS

Unread postby PS Power » Mon May 11, 2015 10:14 pm

It's the Matriarchy!!!

:)

Really, having listened to feminists and MRAs for the last few weeks, I think that it isn't even close. I get what you mean, since there is kind of a sense of "biology drives all women to act like THAT" from some on the MGTOW side of things. It isn't given all the time, and constantly, with a finger pointed at actual conspiracy theory. Some of the radical feminists are so involved in the Patriarchy that they really believe that you and I have been attending meetings to keep them down.

I think it's important to keep that from happening if possible for men. Just in general. There is no vast female conspiracy against us, and thinking that is insane. It's enough that men are being given a raw deal, and for them not to take part in that system. There is no need for blame, just correction, and the only real way to do that is to protect yourself from future harm.

This really goes for men and women both. There are a lot of women that see traditional marriage as a trap, or simply not an option. The lowest 20% in looks, wealth and intelligence often give up on having someone in their life, the big deal with MGTOW is that a big chunk of a generation or three is looking at the idea of being alone, rather than trapped into a traditional relationship, and saying "That makes sense to me."

Yes, there are reasons for it, and yes, a few of them that sound pretty harsh are just real things. On both sides.

On the good side there is always hope, in that each person can grow and become more than they thought possible, if they want to try.

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Tue May 12, 2015 12:19 am

My POV is old fashioned. I was raised that way, and so were my children (who are all married). Been with the same person 38 years. Not always easy, but we both work at it, and still love each other.
I do have an open mind for others, and if it makes them happy and it hurts no one else, I have no problem about things. My mother taught me that, and was also passed onto the kids.

People are all different, each individual needs to be assessed separately. Not all men use women, and vice versa. Not all women are gold diggers. Some are...

Most women DO have a drive to have children. Most of that is taught to us by family, and society. There IS a biological drive too. When I was pregnant with my 3rd child I told the dr I wanted my tubes tied the same day as birth, or I KNEW that I would keep wanting more, but wanted to provide for what we had and not have hardships from having too many. Dr made me wait until the next day. My husband refused to have a vascetomy, chicken little I guess.

People going there own way, that's fine if it's what they want. I can see the draw, only have to worry about paying for yourself, do whatever you want whenever you want. There's freedom, and no stress of a relationship.

I know I'm happy, I have someone that makes me feel loved, cherished. When we're old(er) and need help we have kids to step in. I've had patients at the hospital with no one, never had kids, no close family, and the court has to appoint a legal guardian to decide their fate when they are too ill to make their own decisions. It's sad and I'm grateful I won't be one of them.

Gah that got morose...... sorry about that!

RyanM
Voracious Reader

Unread postby RyanM » Tue May 12, 2015 9:14 am

Ronald,

Vasectomies aren't 100% assured. They're close, but not a fail safe. The are reversible though.

My point was that women have an escape route at every step of the process, from blocking pregnancy to having others pay for the child after it's born. Men don't have that luxury, the best we can hope for is blocking a pregnancy. If we sire a child, we WILL pay for it whether we want to or not since we can't legally walk away from our responsibilities.

Marcia,
I wish things were still like they were 30-50 years ago with regards to marriage. Unfortunately, due to Modern Feminism, marriage no longer holds any sanctity; it's something that's done to signify long-term dating rather than a life-long commitment. When marriage holds no meaning, there's no reason for people to fight for it. It's simply easier to divorce and move on than to deal with the problems that arise after being together for a few years.

Here is where I digress into some other topics:

Just for reference, when I say Modern Feminism, I'm talking about its current incarnation, not Classical Feminism from 60+ years ago. Classical Feminism sought true equality; it was really nothing more than targeted Egalitarianism. Modern Feminism is a movement without a true measure of success since Classical Feminism was successful. As a result, they constantly move the goal posts from equality to lobbying for special rights and privileges. The most obvious examples is our education system (both grade school/high school and colleges) and our legal system. Both systems are horrendously biased in favor of women.

I'll shed some light on how bad the education system at the early years. The way children are taught is radically different than it was 40 years ago. It used to be where kids were given a task and were expected to complete that task. Nowadays, they're encouraged to utilize groups. That sounds all well and good on the surface since kids need to know how to work together. The problem is that boys and girls learn differently. Boys are more individualistic and girls are more communal. It gets even worse when you factor in that boys tend to be highly imaginative and high energy when they're young. They're being diagnosed as having ADHD and being medicated when they're really nothing more than boys being boys. To compound the problem, many schools no longer have recess, so the boys can't even burn off some of their excess energy and are more likely to be bundles of disruptive energy.

The people with PhDs in education (that have been indoctrinated in Modern Feminism) have altered the system to benefit girls and then use the argument "little boys should be more like little girls." As a result, boys are being left behind: they have a higher drop out rate, a lower rate for college entrance, and a much lower rate for college graduation.

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Tue May 12, 2015 10:51 am

I agree the new schooling system is crazy. I don't really understand what their intent is, actually trying to make things better, or make the mass fail at becoming more than a grunt worker someday. I've been out of the loop too long to see first hand the effects of it on children, but what I've seen posted on facebook has me worried.

I also don't care for their food venue. So they want the kids to have healthier foods, well give them FRESH fruit, veggies, real meat and cheese, not all the artificial crap. The hospital I work at has done it too, I truely believe they are following goverment guidelines for it. It's tasteless and causes stomach upset. The cheese has no flavor, so that tells me it isn't even real food but all artificial.. okay that's a rant of mine.

I've also been out of the dating arena for too long to know the current climate. I meant it when I said it was interesting to follow everyone's thoughts/feelings on the matter. It updates my knowledge base and understanding of men a bit. I'm sad things have declined so miserably.

Any movie's you would reccomend to help me understand even more? I tend to watch hallmark happy stuff, comedy, action, and since I've read Dead End I'll watch some zombie stuff (faithful watcher of The Walking Dead, tho it's more because my husband loves those scary type shows).
If it's a slasher blood bash forget it, I can't sit through it, I've tried with my husband and just feel ill and terrified. Then have nightmares for weeks. So please don't suggest any of those sort. But any movies that truely show how men are now feeling would be good, and I'll watch them. It's one of the reason's I think this book (Cheat) should be made into a movie.

Or a book, but with the same restrictions on horror. ;)

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Thu May 14, 2015 4:03 am

I do like Karen's stuff. I'm old school and tend to think that anyone talking for less than ten minutes doesn't have anything of value to really say.

Just to be clear, I don't think that anyone will really attack me for coming out and saying what I am. They may not all like it, but I'm not big enough for the rad-fems to go after in particular. Even though some of the bad guys in the next set of books are radical feminists. That could have been any group, but it's oddly easy to draw the line along which some of them would possibly tread in the Keeleyverse. It's about fairness however. If I see a group acting in certain ways that fit into a story, I refuse to back off and act like they're saints.

With Joss Whedon (Spelling?) being attacked suddenly by his own feminist pals, for one or two lines of dialog in a single movie, I can see how it could happen, but I just don't think that feminists are actually that petty. Except of course, if you're famous and get them press.

Still, death threats are kind of over the top for a few words, aren't they?

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Fri May 15, 2015 1:47 am

By the standard of Greater Demons, that to be sane you must see reality for what it is, we are all insane. That isn't wrong, either. We all have our biases, and out inconsistencies that are very, very hard to see or understand in ourselves.

Sure, there are crazy feminists. Most aren't. Most women aren't feminists either. In the end, feminism is a toothless lion. The roar is mighty, but the lack of teeth means that they just end up making everyone all damp and slightly bruised. I just believe that no one actually get's better due to harsh criticism of their cause or innate being.

In order to change minds, you have to appeal to reason, and do so with patience and skill. All of which is harder than shaking a fist and screaming. :)

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Fri May 15, 2015 6:12 am

Well... one could shake said fist while holding a cudgel in the immediate proximity of said mind... And let someone else do the screaming.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Fri May 15, 2015 6:40 am

Sure...

But as soon as you remove the threat of violence, and eventually you have too, at least the immediate focus of it, then the mind will revert powerfully to the old way of thinking.

Which isn't that big of a point, but violence is wrong.

Unless you can get away with it. Then it's cool and fun. (Oh, wait, no it isn't. Sorry.)

:)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Stand Alone Books”