Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Unrelenting Terror

Discuss the books, the characters.. ect...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unrelenting Terror

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:03 pm

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Re: Unrelenting Terror

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:41 pm

We, as a group haven't really discussed it, but yes I've read it. I think the disclaimer was just to inform the reader that Mr. Power was trying a new style. With out trying to reveal too much, the style uses repetition to convince the reader of the reality of the storyline (if you say it often enough, it's true?). It's a good read, but not a style I'd choose again. I think the repetition gets in the way. And most readers are willing to suspend belief already, so unneeded. This is just my opinion, so find out for yourself. It's worth the read.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:30 pm

Thanks for the heads up!

I'll sneak it into my "To Read" list sometime in the next few weeks.

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:14 am

Anyone else notice that the price on the book is $6.66? :shock: :?

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:40 pm

I noticed that. It was an experiment, but by and large, failed. Some people notice "events" when they read it. I certainly do! But most people don't really enjoy that, as it turns out.

The editing needs to be spiffed up to, I bet.

Still, it's part of my attempt to not grow stale and boring. :)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Stand Alone Books”